Monday, September 15, 2014

Humanity

Sometimes I wish I could turn off my humanity. Just flip a switch, and not have to feel anymore. That would be the ultimate relief. Not having to feel pain, or loss, or agony. I assume it would only be fair to have to give up happiness, and pleasure, and joy as well. I think it would be a well enough off trade. But then I would be no better than a mindless robot, right?


Except being human isn't all that it's cracked up to be. It's easy to prove that you're human with every tear that falls because of that broken heart. With every drop of blood that drips from a fresh cut. With every searing pang of regret over all the words you never spoke but should have. I think what is truly hard is trying to prove to yourself that you are not human. If only for a fleeting moment, because that is all you need to be able to deal with the overwhelming feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment