Monday, September 29, 2014

Forgetful Confession

There some days that I just forget to eat. I don't try to. It's not an obsessive diet, or a disorder. I just... Forget. I get so busy with school and my job that by the time I get home at the end of the day I realize I haven't eaten in over 13 hours. And by that time, I'm not hungry all over again. Nothing sounds good.

So I just go to bed.

Promising myself I'll eat tomorrow.

Sometimes I do the same thing with my feelings. I wake up, go to school, go to work, and come home. All without feeling a single thing all day. And when I finally go to bed, and lay there staring into the dark abyss around me, I realize I had been an emotionless robot all day.

And as I drift off, my mind beginning it's wandering journey into a dreaming subconscious I promise myself.

Promising myself I will feel tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. promising myself i will feel tomorrow.
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never related so well to a blogpost as much as i have to this one. Great job. #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVVVE this post probably cause I forget to eat to! Which people tell me is not a good thing so I try hard ever day to eat. I guess I'll have to feel tomorrow to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This. This is relatable. So good.
    "without feeling a single thing all day"
    $tolen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy shit this blog is awesome sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. Yes. All of this. Forgetting to eat. Forgetting to feel. Realizing that and making promises that I'm not sure I can keep. This is real.

    ReplyDelete