Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Months Ago

9 months ago
I started my senior year eager, ready to face the last stretch of the hike with my best friend.

7 months ago
I fell in love, heart set on flying with someone not meant to be mine.

5 months ago
I was half way done with my year, half way home free.

2 months ago
I was scared I wouldn't make it, that I wouldn't walk, that I wouldn't even be here.

1.5 months ago
I felt my heart drop out of my chest and shatter on the floor, I had lost him.

3 weeks ago
I knew I was going to graduate, my future coming back together like a puzzle you found the missing piece to.

1 week ago
My best friend of 4 years made a post with a picture of us, graduating together 4 years strong.

Yesterday
I spent too much time thinking about the friends who were supposed to be there, and now all I will ever see of them is the empty seat at graduation.

Today
I go to my last day of culinary school and say good bye to people who have shaped me like clay for the last 9 months.

Tomorrow
I walk across a stage, shake hands, and take a step towards my new life, breaking old chains

Tomorrow
I turn the page for a clean, crisp, bright new future.

No comments:

Post a Comment